At a time when the world is changing faster and faster, you ensure legally watertight commercial contracts. You know all the ins and outs of contract, corporate and procurement law and you are an independent legal expert who can convince up to and including management level. Do you know how to minimize legal risks in commercial contracts? Then come and work at Ricoh.
Ricoh is hiring a Group Legal Counsel for a dual role, who is going to be responsible for looking after the legal affairs of its operating company in the Netherlands (Ricoh Nederland B.V.) (50%) and of its Emerging Markets Group within EMEA (50%) and who will as such strengthen and support the EMEA Legal team on all legal and commercial risks associated with the business operations, potential impacts and suggest mitigating actions.
Your legal assessment, from substantiation to advice, forms the core of your role. You will work closely with sales, marketing, finance, bid and HR colleagues and you will ensure the correct substantiation of commercial and financial decisions in the legal field and ensure the legal position for both Ricoh in the Netherlands and Ricoh Emerging Markets Group.
What else do you do?
- You are responsible for legal advice in the drafting and assessment of commercial contracts and for contract negotiations on the sales and purchasing side of the organization;
- You make the right balance between legal risks and commercial business interests;
- You set up legal models, draft contracts and frameworks;
- You contribute and supervise the internal procedures;
- You closely follow current legal developments and give the business solicited and unsolicited advice.
You will be one of a team of group lawyers (a team of two in the Netherlands and a remote team of twelve Ricoh Europe lawyers, who are part of an international EMEA Legal team of approximately 40 lawyers.
- Educational level LLM;
- At least 4 to 7 years of experience as an attorney and/or in-house counsel for a commercial organization, ideally with international experience;
- Thorough and current knowledge of contract-, corporate and public procurement law;
- Knowledge and a thorough understanding of Dutch law is mandatory;
- Strong personality, are creative, meticulous and highly skilled in setting priorities accepted;
- Able to adjust constantly to changing circumstances;
- Likes to work in a dynamic international organization in a position where independent initiative and advice towards the business is required;
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills required;
- Experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and other legal documents including seeking escalation and input where required;
- Ability to problem solve by presenting alternatives and proposed solutions to business risks;
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills;
- Effective communication at all levels both internal and external;
- Evidence of negotiation skills;
- Commercial awareness, with strong process orientation and strong demonstrated business acumen;
- Results focused with ability to meet deadlines;
- Flexible and diplomatic yet persistent in reaching objectives;
- Knowledge of international contract law, privacy law and/or labor law is an advantage;
- Willing to work 36-40 hour workweeks;
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- A competitive salary and a good package of secondary employment conditions;
- Space for education and training;
- Residence of workplace in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, but with flexible hybrid / working from home policy;
- Great internal growth opportunities;
- An involved team with great colleagues;
- 25 + 6 vacation days.